Monday, July 19, 2021

God Shall not Forsake the Work of His Hands!

 



Good Day Sisters and Brothers in Christ raised from the grave…

Psalm 138:

1 I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise;

138:2 I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness; for you have exalted your name and your word above everything.

138:3 On the day I called, you answered me, you increased my strength of soul.

138:4 All the kings of the earth shall praise you, O LORD, for they have heard the words of your mouth.

138:5 They shall sing of the ways of the LORD, for great is the glory of the LORD.

138:6 For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly; but the haughty he perceives from far away.

138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve me against the wrath of my enemies; you stretch out your hand, and your right hand delivers me.

138:8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Today we find a good model in David who seems to know who to go to in time of need and in time of praise.

Let us today give thanks with our whole heart, not just a quick turn of the palm skyward, but a real on our figurative knees (because if we get on our literal knees we may not get up) praise. Let us know God’s faithfulness.

God, according to David, is faithful to increase the strength of our soul!

For those that are sometimes troubled and fear that they have no purpose or meaning in life…”the Lord will fulfill his purpose for you!”

Yes, I may be naïve and unrealistically optimistic, but always look to the Lord. David seems to speak pretty highly of him!

Why shouldn’t we also!